Accepted Ages For Referrals
We welcome referrals for patients from 0 to 17 years for all general paediatric matters.
We request that referrals to paediatricians only come from registered medical practioners or nurse practiioners.
General Process For All Referrals
1. The GP referral is sent to theWest Gippsland Paediatric Group
- via mail, fax or Argus – no verbal referrals are accepted.
- please include current phone and address.
2. The nominated paediatrician will triage the urgency of the booking.
3. Our reception staff will contact you within one week of receiving your referral.
Prior To Your Appointment
- A reminder text will be sent to your nominated mobile number within 48 hours of the appointment.
- Please note that a fee will apply for any non-attendance or booking cancelled within 24 hours of an appointment.
Outreach Services To Leongatha
Dr Michael Nowotny runs a clinic at the Leongatha Hospital, usually twice per month.
Please advise the receptionist if you wish to be seen in Leongatha.
Please be aware that West Gippsland Paediatric Group is a private billing service.
Payment for services will be required in full on the day of an appointment, with any Medicare rebates claimable on the day of consultation
If you have any queries regarding this process, please feel free to contact our reception staff.